Dear HUPE members!
Make your teaching more inclusive and help your students with special needs learn more effectively. Join us on Thursday, 22 March for a workshop on Inclusive assessment approaches and by the end of the workshop you will have:
- assembled a set of checklists to determine if a learner needs further referral to assess for possible special educational needs
- reflected on the difference between assessment of learning and assessment for learning
- developed a range of methods of assessment to include different learning styles
- gained a range of strategies to include pupils in their own assessments
- considered assessment methods that take into account students’ different learning preferences.
The workshop is organised in cooperation with the British Council and run by Stephen Hindlaugh. Stephen has been teaching for almost 30 years. His experience includes working in the learning support department of a secondary school in the UK. He has also been a tutor for the British Council’s online Special Educational Needs course and has been delivering face-to-face SEN workshops in Croatia.
All participants will all also enter a prize draw to win an additional SEN online module of their choice.
Where: Osnovna škola Vladimira Nazora Pazin, Šetalište Pazinske gimnazije 9, Pazin
When: 22 March, 15h
Number of participants: max 25