What does HUPE do?
HUPE (Croatian Association of Teachers of English) is a professional association of people who are involved in ELT. It was set up in June 1992. As a vibrant professional association, it is continually evolving to meet its members' interests and needs in the range of activities that it undertakes.
What are HUPE aims?
- To promote and support the teaching of English and teacher education,
- To promote professional collegiality and cooperation on national and international level,
- To foster the exchange of ideas, resources, information and experiences amongst language teachers,
- To disseminate information about language learning,
- To provide teachers with opportunities for continuous professional development,
- To provide a consultative service for language teachers,
- To provide benefits for members,
- To establish and maintain contacts with international organizations,
- To organize lectures, meetings, workshops, study groups, conferences,
- To start projects related to language teaching, education and culture,
- To represent language teachers in dealing with government and other official bodies on professional matters,
- To benefit English language teachers to raise the level of professionalism through ELT.